Dr. Alex Mao completed his undergraduate and post-graduate medical training at Qingdao Medical College and Beijing Institute of Ophthalmology. This was followed by further graduate studies at the University of Western Ontario and Harvard School of Public Health.
He holds an academic appointment in the Department of Ophthalmology as Assistant Professor. Dr. Mao has a full scope primary optometric practice at the Ivey Eye Institute in London, Ontario with clinical interests in low vision rehabilitation and scleral contact lenses. Dr. Mao’s main research interests have been in clinical outcome research and clinical trials.
- Primary eye care
- Low vision rehabilitation
Assistant Professor, Western University
- Schulich School of Medicine & Dentistry
- Lawson Health Research Institute
- Ontario Association of Optometrists
- Canadian Association of Optometrists